PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Registered Nurse in Home Health Care is to assume ongoing assessment, care planning, documentation of progress, and accountability, for his/her assigned patients within the home health care system. Manages on-call as scheduled in a consistently responsible manner.
- Current R.N. licensure for the state of Ohio.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of general nursing experience.
- Current Ohio Driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to provide own transportation while on duty required.
- Commitment to and knowledge of the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency and standards and regulations governing it.
- Homecare experience preferred.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk up to 2 hours a day, sit for 4 hours a day, and stand for 2 hours a day. Must be able to life 50 pounds and reach above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye/hand coordination and fine finger dexterity, including the ability to document legibly. Must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)