If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a compassionate and experienced Hospice Care Coordinator to assure quality customer service to clients, families, referral sources and co-workers. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Hospice Care Coordinator, you will be responsible for compiling referrals from referral sources in a timely, efficient manner while maintaining positive working relationships with all internal and external customers. The Care Coordinator will support hospital(s), clinics and nursing facilities. They will serve as the Hospice consultant, educator and customer service specialist to referral sources.
Additional duties for this Hospice Care Coordinator role include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating patients for Hospice appropriateness and defines disciplines appropriate to meet client’s needs in the Hospice setting. Will facilitate daily visits for patients in the GIP Level of Care.
- Communicating effectively and positively with clients, families and both internal and external staff.
- Beginning the admission process, by accepting referral, obtaining initial intake information and accepting physician orders.
- Validating payer information/insurance benefit coverage for Hospice.
- Resolving issues and concerns between the referral source, the company and the client and/or families.
- Educating healthcare professionals and clients on Hospice services and acts as a resource to referral sources, clients and staff concerning eligibility for Hospice services.
- Maintaining a weekly call plan, document referrals processed on a weekly basis and referral source contact on a daily basis.
- Collaborating with service providers to identify appropriate Hospice patients, inclusive of maintaining a cohesive relationship w/ Home Health to provide continuum of care.
- Maintaining open communication with office, Account Executive, and Administrator on growth with assigned accounts.
We are looking for a Hospice Care Coordinator who combine the knowledge of procedures included in the job description with the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally. You must be skilled and have the capability to cope effectively with patients, families and others while maintaining confidentiality.
Specific qualifications for this Care Coordinator role include:
- Degree in nursing-RN strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Hospice and or Home Health Care calling on Acute Care, SNF's and ALF's and acting as a Liaison (strongly preferred)
- Current and valid RN or LPN license in the state of practice
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures and willingness to support our mission
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!