If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a compassionate and experienced Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN to perform nursing care for clients in accordance with an established plan of care. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN, you will perform assigned nursing procedures, including the administration of treatments and medication in the care of the clients, as delegated by the Registered Nurse in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the Plan of Care
Additional duties for this home care LPN role include, but are not limited to:
- Observing and reporting any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in conditions of the client and family situation to the Case Manager and documents such reports and observation in the clinical record.
- Preparing equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Assisting the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assisting with the rehabilitation of clients according to the client care plan.
- Consulting with the Registered Nurse in making judgments or decisions regarding care and treatments.
- Accurately documenting all events related to clients and completes any related documents as required by state or federal requirements.
- Notifying the Registered Nurse, physicians, and families of changes in the client’s condition and documents appropriately.
- Updating the clients plan of care under the supervision and direction of an RN.
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to the legal scope of practice.
- May perform some advanced skills only after receiving and satisfactorily completing an approved educational training program and supervised clinical experience (if in accordance with state law and nurse practice act). Must have documented competencies in any advanced skills.
We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse who combine the knowledge, clinical skills, and judgement necessary to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice, with the ability to contribute as a team member and work independently. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
Specific qualifications for this nursing role include:
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program
- Home care experience as required by state law
- Minimum 1 year of experience in nursing; previous acute care and home health care/public health experience, strongly preferred
- Current and valid LPN license in the state of practice
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Current CPR certification
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!