This isn’t just a job – it’s a higher calling!
For our employees,whether they’re on the front lines delivering direct care or supporting ourclinical team, Amedisys recognizes that nothing we do is possible without ourincredible team. We believe in supporting them as much as they support oursuccess by building a culture of engagement and investing in their futures withongoing training and support. Come work for one of the largest HospiceCompanies nationwide as Amedisys is a leading provider of healthcare in thehome with a vision of becoming the premiere solution for patients across thecountry to age in place – Wherever they call home.
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
As a Medical Social Worker (MSW) for Amedisys hospice, you will have the opportunity to assist and counsel patients and their family one on one with health related financial, social and emotional concerns. Your work will include assisting the physician and other members of the patient care team to understand the significance of social and emotional factors to develop an appropriate plan related to the terminally ill patient’s care.
- Assess and reassess social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems of end-of-life care and to help them follow the hospice team’s recommendations to maximize the patient’s quality of life.
- Counsel patients and families concerning financial concerns, life review, positive family relationships and quality of life, care giving issues
- Recognize, identify and utilize community and family resources to assist in maintaining independence and quality of life
- Attend and actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure good coordination of care
- Develop, prepare and maintain individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies.
- Exciting opportunity to also assist with the hospice Volunteer Program activities
- May supervise Social Worker Assistants as a licensed social worker
- Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school ofsocial work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Social Worker in the state of FL and
- Has one year ofsocial work experience in a health care setting
- Knowledge of psycho-social, emotional and spiritual needs ofterminally ill patients and their caregivers
- Valid Driver's License, auto insurance and reliable transportation to complete home visits
- Must be willing to travel throughout The Keys to assess and reassess social/ emotional factors in order to help the patient and the family cope with problems of end-of-life care
- Strong desire to work with geriatrics
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of thecomputer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail;navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, andwindows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability toself-manage online HR services and online training programs.
- Previous home health or hospice experience - preferred
- CPR certification or willingness to become certified
Most states specifically require a professional state license or certification to practice as a Medical Social Worker in home health. (LGSW, LMSW, LCSW, LICSW, LISW, CMSW)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Rhode Island requirement: Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account active 1st of the month following hire date
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education, mileage reimbursement, cell phone stipend
• Fleet car for eligible employees