Reports to: Dir of Environmental Services/Housekeeper
Created by: Human Resources
Category: Non Exempt
Summary of Housekeeper
Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining cleanliness of residents’ apartments and common areas as assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor and/or the Director of Environmental Services. This position reports to the Housekeeping Supervisor and/or Director of Environmental Services.
Responsibilities of Housekeeper
- Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call-off procedures.
- Performs general cleaning assignments in apartments, hallways and common areas.
- Prepares apartments for move-in as assigned and clean apartments for move-outs as assigned.
- Participates in periodic cleaning schedules.
- Utilizes cleaning chemicals properly and safely in accordance with department guidelines.
- Informs supervisor of any pertinent resident issues or concerns.
- Keeps housekeeping carts and cleaning equipment in good working order.
- Working in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abiding by all health and safety regulations.
Non Essential Functions
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.