Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive patient experience.
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
NYC Health + Hospitals is seeking a HR Business Partner, who will partner with key facility leadership to assist with employee relations, engagement, workforce development, change management, workforce compliance, and other non-transactional support.
- Works directly with senior administrative teams and management teams, under the guidance of the Regional Human Resources Director, to lead, manage, influence and shape organizational change
- Consults with and advises the facilities’ leadership on HR related matters, including policies and procedures
- Partners with senior administrative teams to align System goals with the facilities’ business goals
- Participates in workforce performance improvement initiatives
- Provides input regarding System human resources policies and procedures, management plans and programs and is accountable for their communication and implementation
- Serves as a member of the local Joint Labor-Management Committees
- Ensures facility remains in compliance with all HR-related regulatory standards
- Works collaboratively with primary stakeholders to develop and implement best practice guidelines and protocols related to HR
- Maintains and shares key metrics that will be used to continually drive process improvements
- Works collaborative with facilities’ stakeholders to investigate workforce related issues and recommend resolution/outcome that minimizes/eliminates risk to the System
- Works collaboratively with Regional HR Director, Legal Affairs, Corporate Compliance, Labor Relations, Affirmative Action / EEO, Payroll, Information Services, Department of Investigations, Conflict of Interest Board, Law Department, and facility Occupational Health Services Department on various matters as required
- Implements NYC Health + Hospitals’ Personnel Orders and Pay Authorizations
- Supports and validates HR-related initiatives relative to NYC Health + Hospitals’ strategic plan
- Performs other HR-related duties as assigned