Spring View Hospital
TheHyperbaric Technologist, under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager ofthe Wound Care Center, administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients asprescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician.
• Performsduties under supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager and/or Physician incharge.
• Responsiblefor the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and relatedsupport systems.
• Responsiblefor the safe delivery of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to the hyperbaric patient.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support Certification), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review.
- Complete competencies skill checklist. Initial and Annual (post hire).
- Wound Care Center chamber operators must be a healthcare professional actively certified or licensed in one of the following vocations to meet the minimum education and experience requirements. State or Local Rules may apply.
• Military:Corpsman or Medical Services Specialist
• EmergencyMedical Technician or Paramedic
• RegisteredNurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Licensed Vocational Nurse
• CertifiedHyperbaric Specialist
• CertifiedHyperbaric Registered Nurse
• Certifiedor Registered Medical Assistant
• CertifiedHyperbaric Technologist
• CertifiedNursing Assistant
• CertifiedHyperbaric Wound Specialist
• PhysicalTherapist or Physical Therapy Assistant
• Otherallied healthcare professions as approved by the NBDHMT (NBDHMT.org) forcertification eligibility
• Individualswho have successfully completed U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) hyperbarictraining.
1. U.S. Navy, Army, orCoast Guard Diver (1st Class, 2nd Class or Master Diver designation)
Does not include Scuba (only) Diver
2. U.S. Air ForceAerospace Physiology Specialist
• Additionally,each chamber operator attends, or provides verification of attendance to, anIntroductory Hyperbaric Training Course as approved by the National Board ofDiving
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
- Hyperbaric Medical Technology, Department of Defense, American College of Hyperbaric Medicine, or Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society. Attendance may be pre or post hire.