Interact’s Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) Program is comprised of an array of services that are delivered to children and their families across settings (school, home and community) through a team oriented, evidence supported and trauma informed approach. The IBHS Clinical Supervisor provides direct Graduate Level Professional (GLP) services to children and families, individual and group evidence based clinical supervision to program staff and is the Liasiaon between their assigned school and Interact.
- Provides clinical supervision to Graduate Level Professional (BCs and MTs) staff as it relates to adherence of evidence based practices and IBHS regulations.
- Conducts group and individual clinical supervision, both in the office and in the field, on a regular basis and in conformance with agency, funder and state IBHS regulations.
- Assigns Staff to cases as clinically appropriate.
- Provides direct service in the community to children assigned to team (15 hour/week productivity requirement).
- In collaboration with the Clinical Intake Coordinator provides clinical oversight to staff who are completing extended assessments including oversight of FBAs, data collection and interviewing skills.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Intake Coordinator may complete LOC assessments and Written Orders.
- Acts as Liaison between assigned Schools and Interact including the participation in school leadership and MTSS meetings as well as consultation and training for school personnel.
- In collaboration with Administrative and Clinical Director develops and monitors staff training plans to ensure compliance with agency, funder and state regulations.
- Completes all clinical and administrative documentation in accordance with agency, state and county mandates.
- Participates in Interagency Team Meetings as needed.
- Is an active member of the IBHS Leadership Team inclusive of facilitating and participating in on-going staff meetings, staff development activities and departmental projects.
- Provides On-Call support to families one week per quarter.
- Participates in and completes all mandatory state, managed care and agency trainings.
- Provides back up coverage and support for other Clinical Supervisors including on-call shifts as requested by supervisor (not to exceed 1 week per quarter).
- Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer.
- Must participate in Interact’s Quality Improvement activities as requested by Supervisor/Manager/Director or Quality Assurance department.
- Other duties as assigned.
18. Fosters a strengths based, trauma informed, accountable, committed and motivated environment.
19. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external stakeholders as well as families, colleagues and team members.
20. Models traits of an effective leader and team member including open and honest communication, execution of job responsibilities, follow through on assignments and supporting team members.