The individual in this position provides pertinent social work services to clients hospitalized on a 16-bed acute, unlocked psychiatric hospital. Communication and negotiation skills are essential.
- Document the treatment plan content agreed upon by the treatment team.
- Assist administrative office staff to obtain payment for services.
- Facilitate cost-effective transfer/discharge.
- Participate in utilization management initiatives and attend Utilization Management Committee meetings.
- Complete all documents within required time frames.
- Recommend changes in social services forms and procedures.
Education: BSW or higher social work degree.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of clinical experience in the mental health field or in hospital social work.
The Otis R. Bowen Center for Human Services, Inc., is a private not-for-profit, comprehensive community mental health center licensed by the State of Indiana Division of Mental Health. The Center has been accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) since 1980. Bowen Center earned JCAHO accreditation with commendation for 1994-1997 and again for 1997-2000. The Center provides quality professional mental health services to citizens in northeast Indiana primarily, but not only, in Huntington, Kosciusko, Marshall, Wabash and Whitley counties.
The Bowen Center has a 15-member volunteer Board of Directors consisting of three citizens representing each of the five counties primarily served.
Not Ready to Apply?