Hours: Mon to Fri 3PM to 11:30PM & EOW 3PM TO 11:30PM
The IV Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist with delivery coordination
- Accurately maintains patient profile charts
- Maintain a clean organized work area
- Answers the phone properly and assists customers with the proper guidance
- Restock Shelves
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation for the dispensing of intravenous products, ancillary supplies and infusion devices
- Is familiar with, understands, and participates appropriately with the workflow process from start to finish: intake, labeling, packaging and delivery.
- Monitors and maintains predetermined inventory stock and disposes of unused and expired intravenous medications and supplies.
- Performs the daily, weekly, and monthly quality control systems developed for the Sterile Products Complex.
- Logs appropriate temperatures daily and alerts management of any temperatures out of specification.
- Performs restocking of the various IV Supply Kits, back up kits, and code trays.
- Is familiar with the various pieces of Biomedical equipment (i.e. infusion pumps) and their dispensing, tracking and recalling and can assist with cleaning and calibration
- Prepares parenteral products under the direction of the Registered Pharmacist, utilizing aseptic technique adhering to USP 797 guidelines in accordance with policy
- Conducts quality assurance tests on parenteral products prepared in the Sterile Products Complex when requested
- Understands the meaning of hazard codes, can interpret MSDS, and utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) accordingly
- Understands the proper handling and disposal of hazardous drugs
- Demonstrates proper ability to interpret and follow formulas for compounding properly
- Demonstrates proper use, maintenance, and calibration of all equipment, when required