• Oversees the implementation, maintenance, and quality assurance of pharmacy information technologies and automation.
• Assists in resolving general Information Technology (IT) problems within the Pharmacy.
• May serve as a liaison with the Hospitals Information Technology department, and as a resource for project planning.
• The incumbent will carry-out her/his duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of LifePoint Hospitals, and fully supports the code of conduct, mission, vision, and values of LifePoint Hospitals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development and achievement of the department, hospital and Lifepoint goals via the pharmacy information technologies.
• Assist with the evaluation, implementation, maintenance, quality assurance, and education of existing and available software and hardware platforms.
• Assist in the development, implementation, and testing of pharmacy information technologies software enhancements and system requirements as they relate to other software platforms utilized within the Hospital; participate in testing and implementation of automation upgrades within the Pharmacy as they relate to the pharmacy information technologies.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of software test scenarios.
• Provide input in the development of pharmacy information technologies operational policies and procedures.
• Assist with data mining and performance improvement initiatives.
• Participate in various hospital committees to ensure appropriate patient safety and medication management (including, but not limited to: Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee, Change Control, Weekly Unbilled Patients)
• Supervise pharmacy and technical students as assigned.
• Work in assigned weekend rotation within the Pharmacy Department.
• Fulfill all patient care, pharmacy operations duties and staffing rotations as assigned.
• Serve as an informal and formal hospital representative at community events as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned or required.