University Health System is one of the largest employers in San Antonio, with more than 6,000 employees and more than 800 physicians and residents and we need Nurse Attendants to join our team!
Nurse Attendants play a vital role in the care of our patients. Nurse Attendants care for, comfort and assist patients with their personal needs. Additionally, University Health System promotes their employees from within, offers advanced training, continuing education and tuition reimbursement for our employees.
Discover your life-changing career at University Health System and apply today!
- A high school diploma, its equivalent, or higher degree is required.
- Must have a current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider or AHA BLS Instructor Provider card.
- Completion of recognized nurse aide training program with three months in clinical studies is preferred; or, can be a Medical Assistant graduate that has completed an externship within University Health System.
- Nurse aide certification with recent nurse attendant experience is preferred.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure).
- Serves and assists patients with meals and nourishments.
- Reports and documents pertinent observations and care. Reports information to the registered nurse.
- Assists patients with personal hygiene.
- Other duties as assigned by the Registered Nurse