Vista College is currently hiring for a Substitute Business Administration Instructor at the Fort Smith, AR campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu.
Our customer-driven employees are what set us apart. Each teacher, administrator, and staff member is essential to providing excellent service and producing graduates the business community would be pleased to employ. The optimal Business Administration Instructor candidate will be responsible for teaching students general applicable business skills.
Key responsibilities include:
• Utilizing the training syllabus, equipment, and learning materials to give the best learning experience to our students
• Testing students to gauge their development
• Support after-class student assistance as needed
• Meeting deadlines for grade submissions and required duties
• Be a mentor to the students
• Assure company and government compliance is maintained in your classes
• Support campus initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• At least 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Ability to evaluate, design, implement, facilitate and teach curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
• Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/classroom work environment.
• May be required to travel to different sites according to class schedules.
• Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds.
• Must be able to stand or walk for entire class periods (approx. 4.5 hours at one time).