Vista College is currently hiring for a Substitute IT Instructor at our El Paso campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu.
Conducts training classes by presenting hardware, software, operating systems, networking systems, server configurations, networking administration, and job-specific processes, procedures, and protocols. Evaluates training by measuring laboratory performance; written examinations, and group projects.
Other Job Duties include:
• Provide classroom and/or Lab instruction
• Participate in the development or classroom projects and group activities
• Counsels students on deficiencies in academic and behavior, and completed documentation within required time
• Provides student tutoring as needed.
• Provides information on unresolved students issues and performance deficiencies for subsequent intervention and follow-up with Administration as needed.
Networking Knowledge, Network Protocols, Training Management, People Skills, Presentation Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Verbal Communication, Motivating Others, Professionalism
The candidate must have extensive knowledge of CompTIA A+, Network+ & MCTS/MCP certifications to be considered for the position.
Some teaching experience will be advantageous.
Preferred Skills and Experience needed:
Any advanced certifications will be considered a plus: Windows Server 2008-2016 Active Directory Configuration, Win 2008-2016 Network Infrastructure, Win 2008-2016 Application Infrastructure, Win 2008-2016 Enterprise Admin.
• Ability to be highly organized, & detail oriented
• Excellent persuasive communication skills • Ability to interact effectively and professionally with students, staff and faculty
• Consistently display the highest levels of integrity
• Exceptional social and customer focused
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/classroom work environment.
• May be required to travel to different sites according to class schedules.
• Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds.
• Must be able to stand or walk for entire class periods (approx. 4.5 hours at one time).