Weekend Intake Coordinator $15.00-$18.00 hr
Aveanna Health Care – Westford, MA Area
We are a premiere Skilled Home Healthcare looking to add a Part Time Intake Coordinator to join our team. This position is required to work Friday- Monday 9-5.
Aveanna Healthcare, the largest home health care company in the U.S. We are the hearts of 30,000 caregivers and trusted by over 33,000 families.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- First point of contact for incoming patients, family members, and professionals. Provides patients and/or family as well as referral source members with an overview of Aveanna philosophy and services available.
- Basic understanding of medical benefits and services as it applies to Home healthcare services. Escalates more complex cases to Clinical Director and Operations. Remains current on the changes to health insurance benefits that patient may be eligible for.
- Follow policies and procedures for referral calls and admissions management. Obtain information and accurately completes all documentation, forms, and logs for referral calls and admissions processing. Dispatch information and coordinate with schedulers for visiting admission staff.
- Communicate with referral source and other vendors to process all orders, F2F and other required admission information.
- Communicate with patient accounts to verify insurance and authorize care.
- Ensure agency is equipment and obtain other admission orders as needed. Obtain and enter prospective and admitted patient demographic information and status updates into patient database in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitate processing of admission documents from referral call through transfer to appropriate care team.
- Help resolve referral and admissions scheduling issues and customer complaints through direct communication with the referral sources, admissions team, Admissions and Referral Center Manager, and other managers as needed.
- Make follow up calls for referral inquiries within required time.
- Initiates intake process, gathers relevant data from referral sources and completes intake paperwork
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits
- Obtains authorizations for services
- Contacts patients prior to start of care to confirm information, notification of financial obligation and arrange any requests for payment.
- Work with Sales and Marketing team on new prospective clients.
- Communicate with Regional Leadership daily.
Benefits of the Intake Coordinator:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance*
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Matching*
- Paid Sick Days*
- Easy access to state of the art technology for electronic charting during point of care
- 24 Hour 7 Days a Week Team Support for direct clinical and scheduling assistance