General Purpose of Position:
The interface/report writer analyst consults and assists with project analysis, program design, report writing, scripting, dictionary synchronization, and other technical matters required for computer applications. S/he develops interfaces which adhere to written IT standards and best practices, and fully tests and documents to assure expected results. Interface analyst will educate end users; clinicians, physicians, leadership as necessary.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Strong conceptual abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with users to define concepts and detail reporting requirements.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- The interface analyst must be able to produce fast, flexible reports/interfaces, which are economical and integrated with systems and applications used by the hospital.
- Effective negotiator and consensus builder - able to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Position requires interaction with customers to discuss and understand the customers' needs.
- Analytical ability to evaluate systems, test data and/or program logic, and determine proper program execution for interfacing/report writing.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and solve problems related to report writing systems/interface software.
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and meet established deadlines
- Ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of patient electronic protected health information (ePHI) and departmental documents.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science
- General knowledge of hospital departments operations.
- Knowledge of general principles of information systems and computer usage.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Two years programming/Interface /report writing experience is required
- Strong working knowledge of clinical terminology
- Previous experience using computer tools in a clinical setting is required.
- Previous Cloverleaf/Mirth and/or Meditech experience preferred; NPR and/or Report Design.
- Strong working knowledge of query languages, scripting tools, Crystal reports, etc.