The On Demand Support Specialist provides direct care to individuals experiencing developmental disabilities. The nature of this position requires the On Demand Support Specialist to be available to work in a multitude of settings at anytime. The location and daily schedule will vary from day to day. This position is scheduled based on Agency need and works at least 40 hours per week and more if needed. This position may cover for live-in and overnight staff. The successful candidate is flexible with his/her schedule and has experience working in the field of developmental disabilities/human services.
- Implements support services as outlined in the Plan of Care, including but not limited to, activities of daily living, day habilitation, employment, inclusionary activities and active learning.
- Assists in the coordination of services, communicates and follows through with team members while providing program support in the individual’s home or assisted living home and in the community.
- Under the direction of the individual’s physician and/or Hope nursing staff, and as supervised by the Home Alliance Coordinator, Lead Individual Support Specialist, or the Community Support Specialist, assists the individual to correctly take medications and document same.
- Performs lifting duties safely and uses appropriate techniques and body mechanics when performing job duties.
- Assists individuals with daily personal hygiene, dressing, toileting, repositioning, feeding, cooking and household chores as needed.
- Coordinates transportation for individuals, including transporting, arranging public transportation and through the use of vehicles assigned to the home.
- Models positive communications and promotes community connections with individuals.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Relevant college education preferred
- 2 years experience working with individuals who experience challenging behaviors required
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to lift 35 pounds from squat-and-kneel position from the floor
- Must be 18 years or older
- Possess a valid driver license & at least 1 year of driving experience (may include permit time)
- Provide driving record that meets agency guidelines
- Pass a criminal background check under state regulation