The Branches of Marlboro is looking for talented nurses to join our amazing team! *This is a part time position*
Do you strive to 'Be the Benchmark' and go the extra mile? Do you find yourself being 'Called to Care' as a compassionate individual? Do you believe that working in teams is 'Better Together' than going at a difficult task alone? Do you want to make a difference and impact lives through human connection? If you answered yes to these questions, then consider applying us!
Responsibilities for the LPN include:
- Directs and supervises the daily work assignments of the Resident Care Assistants
- Is the first point of contact for the care associates regarding assignment questions or concerns
- Participates in the hiring and termination processes as they relate to resident care associates
- Has direct input into performance reviews for care associates and presents reviews with the RCD
- Has direct input into disciplinary documentation for care associates and presents action with the RCD
- Closely mentors, guides and directs the Lead Resident Care Assistants in all aspects of their job.
- Coordinates care needs with community providers via an effective case management process
- Measures and accurately records vital signs (temperatures, pulse, respiration, blood pressure weight and height) where appropriate as per state regulations
- Effectively balances service demands with supporting resident independence
- Accurately assesses, communicates, and documents residents' status
- Observes and reports any significant changes in resident behavior and health to the DON, physician, family, RCA's, and Executive Director per state regulations
- Successfully implements the plan of care
- Recognizes and assists in the prevention of elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation (financial and other) and reports to appropriate sources per state regulations
- Responds to emergencies and personal emergency response system and knows when to call for backup
- Graduate of an approved LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse program (per state requirements)
- Current state licensed as an LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse (as required by state regulation) and CPR certification
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a paid or volunteer position highly desirable
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!