UP Health System - Marquette
UP Health System puts the patient experience at the heart of everything we do. This includes not only providing the highest quality of patient care, but offering exemplary customer service by creating an environment that puts our patients at ease. We accomplish this by embodying a culture that is centered on our patients while supporting positivity and the growth of our employees both professionally and personally.
As a Clinic LPN working on the UPHS team, you will provide professional and compassionate service to your assigned patients in an outpatient setting. You will collaborate with other disciplines and departments under the guidance of a supervisor in order to perpetuate a spirit of quality, ethics, and patient satisfaction. This includes providing patient support on a level that reflects considerations for emotional, physical, and cultural wellbeing. Our nurses are the heart and soul of patient care and each patient has individualized needs and concerns which you will address on an individual basis.
You will be joining a cohesive team of individuals with many different skillsets which can provide you the opportunity to learn and grow. While on the job you will be an important member of the team and will be relied on to maintain accurate patient records as well as work within the standards of compliance set forth by regulatory bodies. A personality that is detail oriented and able to develop systems for organization will go a long way.
- Our patients and the care they receive is our highest priority. An ideal candidate will take pride in putting their best foot forward every day to make sure that the UPHSM team has the patient on the forefront of everything we do.
- Heavy physical effort may be required including lifting 50 pounds or more, prolonged standing and walking, and manual dexterity.
- Given the unpredictable nature of healthcare, there may be rare instances when you will be asked to contribute more or less time than you are traditionally scheduled for.
- We believe in the power of a positive attitude, applicants who are excited to do their best for patients and are willing to learn and grow as part of a team will thrive with us!
- Post high school vocational/specialized training
Required Courses and Training
- Certification from a recognized LPN, LVN program
Working With UsCulture
- Current or temporary Michigan LPN license
- Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP)
- Successful completion of written and clinical test for medications
- UPHSM is the largest specialty care hospital in the Upper Peninsula and is located in beautiful Marquette, MI just minutes from Lake Superior.
- We believe that attitude is everything, we do our best to make sure that our employees are excited to walk through our doors.
- We are proud to be located in a part of the country where employees can enjoy the solitude of nature or the engagement and culture of a vibrant community.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
- Employees enjoy a variety of benefits and perks including an extremely competitive and comprehensive insurance package as well as paid time off accrual beginning on the first day of employment.
- UPHSM knows how important staying healthy is, so we are pleased to offer on and off-site gym discounts as well as incentives for leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Our on-campus cafeteria, the 'North Country Cafe,' offers delicious daily specials in addition to vegetarian and gluten free options. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!