Looking for an awesome place to work? Are you an LPN Super Star? Are you looking for a new challenge?
Our beautiful community at Evans Park, Newton, MA is seeking a talented Wellness Nurse to join their dynamic team! We have Full Time and Part Time opportunities available. Flexible schedule with Weekday and Weekend availability needed. A $1000* sign on Bonus for you if you join the Evans Park team as a Wellness Nurse (*bonus payable in increments at 90 days/180 days)!
Want to make your mark?
Join Benchmark, a new type of senior living company. At Benchmark, we impact lives through human connection. We are thought leaders creating quality experiences and inspiring personal growth for all who engage with us. We just happen to imagine, build and manage beautiful, private-pay communities geared toward older adults.
Are you Called to Care about your work, other people and making a difference? Do you believe that people and teams are Better Together than going it alone? Are you always striving to Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured? Then our core values match. Connect with us -and to what truly matters!
Responsibilities for the LPN/RN as a wellness nurse include:
- Directs and supervises the daily work assignments of the Resident Care Assistants
- Is the first point of contact for the care associates regarding assignment questions or concerns
- Participates in the hiring and termination processes as they relate to resident care associates
- Has direct input into performance reviews for care associates and presents reviews with the Resident Care Director
- Has direct input into disciplinary documentation for care associates and presents action with the Resident Care Director
- Closely mentors, guides and directs the Lead Resident Care Assistants in all aspects of their job.
- Coordinates care needs with community providers via an effective case management process
- Measures and accurately records vital signs (temperatures, pulse, respiration, blood pressure weight and height) where appropriate as per state regulations
- Effectively balances service demands with supporting resident independence
- Accurately assesses, communicates, and documents residents' status
- Observes and reports any significant changes in resident behavior and health to the DON, physician, family, RCA's, and Executive Director per state regulations
- Successfully implements the plan of care
- Recognizes and assists in the prevention of elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation (financial and other) and reports to appropriate sources per state regulations
- Responds to emergencies and personal emergency response system and knows when to call for backup
- Graduate of an approved LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse program or RN/ Registered Nurse program (per state requirements)
- Current state licensed as an LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse (as required by state regulation) or RN/ Registered Nurse program and CPR certification
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a paid or volunteer position highly desirable
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay and an array of benefits. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!