- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
LPN- Gero Psych – Etowah Campus – PRN (Variable Shifts)- position available.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the direction of an RN, contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by an RN.
- Performs plan of care interventions, including specimen collection and wound care. May administer medication. Documents patient care given.
- Assists RN with development of plan of care.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Monitors, documents, and communicates patient's status and reactions to interventions with RN, physician, patient, and families.
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being of the patient.