Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We have a great opportunity for an LPN! The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing nursing tasks within the scope of practice or unit. Supervises clinical tasks of Medical Assistants as appropriate.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
- Assists in assessment and care of patient and patient needs within the scope of practical nursing license.
- Assist with nerve blocks
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Obtains and documents vital signs, lab work, and nursing assessments.
- Collects specimens, labels and completes lab requisitions, including ICD and CPT coding. Sends specimens to lab per patient’s insurance plan.
- Performs reconciliation of labs and orders and independently follows-up on overdue pending results.
- Performs all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Processes prescriptions and orders as directed by provider.
- Prepares exam rooms.
- Stocks rooms and reorders supplies. Ensures supplies are received as ordered; follows up on incomplete or inaccurate orders. Maintains medical supplies ordering and inventory within budget; reports variances to manager.
- Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs patient education.
- Retrieves voice mail messages and communicates to appropriate staff. Returns/triages telephone calls if applicable.
- Communicates, within scope of license, medical results to patients.
- Ensures all outside records are incorporated into chart or EHR.
- Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts patients as needed.
- Completes requests for medical records.
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Ensures office compliance with OSHA/CLIA/HIPAA regulations.
- Maintains controlled substance inventory in the absence of RN.
- Performs crash card checks and maintains inventory for crash carts, if applicable.
- Conducts mock code and other emergency drills.
- Orients, trains, mentors, and precepts new employees and students, if applicable.
- Maintains clinical procedure reference guides and ensures all procedures are followed with regard to LPN and medical assistant service standards.
- Answers questions and serves as a resource for LPNs and Medical Assistants.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and is regarded by physicians and colleagues as a team lead.
- Serves as a first point of contact for questions related to medical assistant or LPN responsibilities.
- Provides inservices as needed to physicians and staff on relevant topics of interest.
- Provides input and feedback to manager for performance reviews, corrective actions, and rewards and recognition for Medical Assistants and LPNs.
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Graduate certificate from an accredited program of practical nursing.
- A minimum of (2) year (s) of related experience and/or training.
Good organizational skills:
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- EMR: Epic (Experience a plus)
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current State License of Practical Nursing.
- Active CPR certification required, BLS or ACLS preferred.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.