To manage the financial close for Fixed Asset in PeopleSoft Asset Management System (AMS) timely and accurately; ensure expenditures are properly capitalized; manage the financial close for rent/real estate, pension and intercompany activity; review journal entries prepared by staff accountants; and review all related balance sheet account reconciliations. Will be leading, training and developing two staff accountants who report directly into this role. Review and approve all Fixed Asset schedules including the FA rollforward, preventative control package, and various analyses for reporting purposes covering all entities. Will assist the Director of Corporate Accounting in ad hoc projects and assignments.
- Prepare/review monthly detailed reconciliations and rollforward schedules of all related balance sheet accounts for all business units of EmblemHealth in accordance with the company’s policies. Investigate and support any reconciling items by providing proper documentation. Review rollforward schedules of fixed asset balances.
- Prepare/review rent/real estate analysis including deferred rent, pension accounting entries and intercompany activity including intercompany settlement on a monthly basis
- Responsible for reviewing the PeopleSoft entries including additions, re-categorizations, retirements, and depreciation entries that are generated from Fixed Asset System (FAS) into the general ledger to ensure proper recording. Review monthly STAT entries prepared by the staff accountants.
- Review the activities posted to the accounts to ensure items are properly classified. Take appropriate action to record all necessary adjustments.
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable, Facilities and Budget Financial Analytics departments in resolving issues and questions, such as coding error, budget to actual variance explanations, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing the construction-in-progress (CIP) summary with Facility team and journalize/adjust transactions according to the supporting documents in Asset Management system and the general ledger.
- Review monthly queries and other reports prepared by the Staff Accountants and maintain complete and accurate files.
- Prepare/review the fixed assets preventative control packages.