About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Lead Medical Assistant to join our team. The Medical Assistant is a key component of our care team and works closely with a primary care physician to deliver excellent patient care and provide an exceptional guest experience to our patients. Because of our unique model, our Medical Assistants oversee the full spectrum of the patient experience- acting both as a Medical Receptionist as well as assuming clinical responsibilities of a Medical Assistant. We provide a fully comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Lead Medical Assistant Duties
- Create and distribute a biweekly team schedule
- Schedule and lead routine huddles for the team
- Provide support and expertise to the MA team
In-clinic customer service and service recovery when needed
Oversee the patient satisfaction survey process
Ensure compliance with state, federal and Activate pharmacy and lab policies
May be called upon to serve as preceptor to ensure all training has been completed for new MA’s. May provide feedback on MA performance upon request.
- Assist in training clinical competencies for new and existing medical assistants
- Ensure quality controls and logs are completed timely and accurately
- Serve as the point of contact to answer vendor/client inquiries about supplies, invoices, etc.
- Delegate MA checklists as required
- Clinical & Non-Clinical duties as required for the Medical Assistant role
- Minimum of 2 years' experience, preferably in Primary Care. May vary based on clinic needs.
- Minimum graduation from a formal MA program or other related program.
- CPR/BLS certification or training
- National Medical Assistant certification, preferred
- Passionate about transforming the way healthcare is delivered
- Desire to improve the quality of care for people
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment where patient’s come first
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating and driving best practices
- Willingness to go the extra mile for patients
PAY RANGE: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour