Volunteers of America Ohio & Indiana is dedicated to helping those in need rebuild their lives and reach their full potential. As an organization stretching across Ohio and Indiana we have over 1,000 committed and compassionate employees working in multiple impact areas.
We are currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated, dynamic professional to join our Indianapolis Turning Point Recovery Center. Turning Point Recovery Center is a residential additions treatment program for men and women involved in the Criminal Justice System. Through this program, clients are offered the opportunity to address their addiction through treatment rather than face incarceration in response to their struggles with sobriety. The program uses an individualized and comprehensive approach to treatment and accepts referrals for clients involved in the Criminal Justice System. Our residential treatment provides 24/7 support to clients.
The Lead Recovery Specialist is responsible for supervising the 24/7 team and monitoring the functional operation of Residential Programs and facility in accordance with DMHA, Department of Child Services, and VOA policies and procedures.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision and a 403b with company match. Our work touches the mind, body, heart – and ultimately the spirit – of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- The position requires a minimum of a high school diploma. Education or experience working in human services preferred.
- Good recordkeeping, math, computer and leadership skills are essential.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must have certification or willingness to obtain certification in first aid and Adult and Child CPR.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and abilities and be able to communicate appropriately and effectively in sensitive and/or demanding situations.
- Ability to operate in a trauma-informed manner with clients and staff to ensure that the client environment is one that is therapeutic and promotes healthy recovery from addiction.
- Ability to maintain a high level of cultural competence in order to be effective with clients and operate successfully within a diverse team.
- Proficiency in issues related to addiction and recovery.
- Ability to utilize effective de-escalation techniques with both mothers and children in group and individual settings.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team setting and exhibit good interpersonal skills.