Title: Director, Client Development
Reporting to: Executive Director, Interim Legal Talent (MLA Interim)
Practice Group: Interim Legal Talent (MLA Interim)
Other Key Relationships:
Local Office Leader
Training and Professional Development Manager
Job Overview: The role of the Director, Client Development is to source new and maintain existing in-house and law firm clients to introduce and sell our legal staffing services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Works with MLA Interim Legal Talent group leadership, Managing Directors (MD) and internal stakeholders to cultivate a strong understanding of the legal market with a particular emphasis on practice areas; business concerns affecting the management and efficiencies of law firms and corporate legal departments; the intersection between the legal and recruiting/search industries; and the strategic utilization of interim resources within these organizations.
- Needs to be client focused and driven.
- Builds and maintains a consultative and strategic relationship with clients.
- Assists in business development efforts within the corporate in-house legal community as well as the AmLaw and boutique law firm market within designated geographic markets. These efforts include cold calling, traditional and non-traditional networking efforts, online and social media branding, as well as internal collaboration to increase market awareness of the Interim Legal Talent group.
- Works with MLA Marketing to prepare and present client-specific business development material and presentations to prospective clients as well as general client meeting activity.
- Acts as Account Manager for assigned Interim Legal Talent clients and work with other Account Managers to identify top accounts, target skill sets and key market segments and to assess clients’ staffing needs.
- Works with Office Leaders and MDs to negotiate pricing and terms of service agreements and contracts with clients.
- Develops strong internal partnerships with recruiters, leadership and offices throughout Allegis Group and MLA to facilitate partnerships and account referrals.
- Communicates effectively with others in order to create a healthy and productive environment.
- Develops relationships with industry contacts to provide customer service, gain industry knowledge, and generate referrals and sales leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
Understanding the Industry and Candidate Needs
Work Habits and Approach
MLA Success Factors