Licensed Medical Social Worker - Per Diem
White River Junction, VT
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an energetic and experienced Licensed Medical Social Worker, MSW, for a per diem opportunity supporting our office in White River Junction and Upper Valley territories.
As a Licensed Medical Social Worker, you will be responsible for understanding the social and emotional factors related to the health problems of our clients, and develop meaningful relationships as you work with them one-on-one.
At least one (1) year of previous experience in social work in a health care setting is required.
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the client's health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multi-disciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for a Medical Social Worker, MSW, include:
- Graduated with a Master's Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, active licensure.
- One (1) year minimum previous experience in social work in a health care setting (preferred).
- Home health experience is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.