To provide quality nursing care to all patients. To serve as a viable member of the nursing staff, utilizing scope of practice. Provide care to all patients with respect of patient rights and dignity. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned areas
May be responsible to work in conjunction with Health Aides to ensure rooms are stocked and check-lists are completed. May assist in ordering medical supplies. While not taking call as a first responder, will be requested to screen calls over the phone and may be required to assist the mid-levels in the clinic after hours.
Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation’s mission statement. Is responsible for care of all patients from birth to elderly.
- Graduate from an LNL school for LPN's or LVN's. In addition must be licensed as an LPN in the State of Alaska in good standing.
- New graduates accepted. Preferred 1 year hospital experience.
- Current CPR certification (BCLS) required. Must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position. IV certification course
- Preferred. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification.
- Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephones, computers, copy machines, etc) Medical equipment as appropriate (dynamapp, thermometer, etc)
- 1. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- 2. Ability to work in patient care setting.
- 3. Knowledge of psychiatric patients.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center