The Licensed Practical nurse provides and directs clinically appropriate patient care to an individual or group of patients under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Obtains and documents general patient visit information including chief complaint, vitals, height and weight on each patient.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments. Demonstrates proper infection control practice and adheres to Infection Control Policies and Procedures and OSHA standards.
- Triages incoming patient phone calls and process according to medical necessity.
- Retrieves and returns telephone calls to patients in a timely manner and relay information provided by physician.
- Performs office procedures such as ear lavage, audiometry, vision, peak flow testing, pulse oximeter reading, EKG and nebulizer treatments as directed by physician.
- Administers injections, vaccines and medications and other related tasks as instructed by physician.
- Phones or faxes prescriptions/ refills to pharmacies.