We are seeking Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) for State of Ohio Jobs!!!! You will be responsible for delivering high quality care to assigned patients.
- Care for ill, injured, or convalescing patients
- Provide basic patient care and treatment.
- Collaborate with registered nurses to administer prescribed medications.
- Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment.
- Educate and update patients on medical treatments.
- Administers nursing ca re within scope of practice as set forth in Division (F) of Section 4723.01 of Ohio Revised Code under direction of registered nurse, licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, optometrist, or chiropractor.
- Maintains medication accountability records (e.g., charts patient records, prepares & counts medication, maintains medication stock & medical equipment & supplies); observes, documents & reports patient conditions.
- Provides general nursing, direct care &/or programming assistance (e.g., takes patient vital signs; assists with personal grooming & hygiene, bathing, or daily living activities; administers topical ointments & solutions, eye, ear &/ or nose drops; repositions patients; responds to patient alarms; makes medical appointments for patients; escorts patients & assists with recreational activities; provides one to one group activities according to intervention stated on treatment plan).
- Aids (i.e., provides work direction, orientation & t raining) to lower-level direct care staff (e.g., hospital aides, orderlies, psychiatric attendants) in providing general unskilled nursing care (e.g., dressing, bathing, feeding) to patients & attends & participates in various meetings (e.g., staff conferences, committees, interdisciplinary team meetings, in-service training programs, nursing meetings) as assigned.
- Order’s medication & medical supplies; cleans nurses’ station & medication room/medication cart (e.g., cleans, sterilizes & restocks cart; defrosts & cleans medication refrigerator) & performs clerical tasks.