This is where you change your story…
At Meadows we understand that new directions to career advancing and improvement can be scary, but we are excited to offer you a possible new rewarding chapter with us! Come join us in transforming lives!
Who are we?
We have been the most trusted name in the industry and have been helping people for 40 years. Our approach is different and success stories of our patients prove that. We don’t have one size fits all treatment and there are no quick fixes.
Who are you?
Are you compassionate, innovative and have a passion to make an impact? Are you looking to get your foot in the door with a company that will believe in your abilities and train you to advance? 75% of our current top-level executive staff are organic internal promotions from within.
We might be a perfect fit for you!
**Please note this position is PRN for our overnight hours from 7pm-7am we ask you only apply if interested in that schedule. **
The Registered Nurse Provides comprehensive nursing care services utilizing skills of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation. Promotes patient safety and the maintenance of quality physical health. Provides oversight to LPN’s and / or BHTs. Functions as a contributing member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Promotes patient safety through awareness of the environment of care and in all actions that involve patient care. Communicates patient safety issues quickly, clearly and effectively.
- Actively participates as a member of the treatment team, collaborating on the needs of the patients.
- Implements the nursing care plans for patients in accordance with physician orders, policies and procedures of the facility and safe nursing practices.
- Adheres to safe practice if medication administration. Provide medication education on all new medications and respond to additional questions or concerns the patient may have regarding medications.
- Interacts with patients, family members, external entities and internal staff professionally and respectfully.
- Documentation for medical records and reports is timely, legible, thorough, and in required format.
- Intervenes appropriately with patients experiencing a behavioral crisis situation, i.e., suicidal, threatening behavior, elopement and/or other situations. Exhibits leadership by providing clear direction to the team and communication of the patient’s status to the practitioner.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current AZ or Compact State Registered Nurse License in good standing.
- CPR and CPI Certification
- Minimum of one year psychiatric experience preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively listen, process received information, and express ideas both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to initiate action, take personal responsibility, suggest improvements, and solve problems within scope of job without being asked.
- Ability to understand and comply with government, regulatory, and company rules.
- Ability to record, report, and maintain confidentiality of information and respond to requests for information.
- Ability to get assigned work done in an acceptable manner, in the time allotted, with minimal prompting or reminders.
Physical Working Conditions & Requirements:
- 35% time sitting (computer and telephone use, attending meetings)
- 65% time standing (greeting visitors, copying, faxing, filing)
- 35% time walking (touring company grounds, distribution)
- 30% time bending (access files/reports/supplies)
- Up to 50 pounds weight lifted/carried
- Ability to use telephones extensively; ability to relay clear written messages; ability to use computer keyboard and calculator extensively.
- Occasional/limited exposure to: Infection and to the risk of blood-borne diseases; hazardous agents, body fluids and wastes; unpleasant patient or departmental elements; to potentially violent/aggressive patients/staff/visitors, critical incidents, and/or sentinel events.
- Occasionally needed to work irregular hours or additional hours.
We are a Drug Free Company. All positions are designated as “Safety Sensitive” positions and in light of our company mission, the Company does not employ medical marijuana cardholders. Following an offer of employment, and prior to reporting to work, all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a substance abuse screen.
The Meadows is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The Meadows provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities and if you need reasonable accommodation during any time of the employment process please reach out to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]