Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health – Downtown is looking for a skilled MRI Tech to join our growing team .
- Properly identifies patient, verifies order, obtains and documents history.
- Assumes responsibility for the physical and psychological needs of the patient communicating in a clear, concise caring manner.
- Provides pre-procedure assessment and education.
- Obtains required signature for consent. Follows hospital policy and procedure to provide continuum of care.
- Consults radiologist for plan of care as required.
- Observes the patient condition while in the department and seeks help from appropriate personnel when deemed necessary.
- Performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images for interpretation by the radiologist, using correct protocols.
- Operates the scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction of images, and documentation of images.
- Performs venipunctures in accordance with hospital policies and administers contrast media under the supervision of a radiologist/physician.
- Follows hospital policy pertaining to sterile technique, infection control and standard precautions.
- Operates patient care equipment/devices as appropriate: suction, monitors, oxygen etc.
- Maintains function and knowledge of crash cart and initiates appropriate code as required.
- Adheres to hospital safety and infection control protocols and policies.
- Applies principles of magnetic resonance safety to minimize risk to patient, self and others.
- Navigates the hospital computer systems as is required for the specific job.
- Processes and stores images on PACS. Prints images as needed.
- Adheres to hospital polices with regard to HIPPA.
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled patients to maximize productivity.
- Exhibit behaviors with all interactions that are in keeping with our mission and core values.
- Maintains a flexible and helpful attitude toward schedule changes to accommodate patient needs and the needs to provide coverage; 24/7; 365 days per year.
- Meets and maintains CE requirements per professional organization-ARRT. Assumes responsibility for continued education requirements.
- Completes all required organizational education, including CPR.
- Maintains an awareness of costs: avoids waste, enters all patient related charges, and maintains equipment to avoid service costs.
Assists with and adheres to guidelines outlined by all regulatory agencies: TJC, DHEC, OSHA