Bluegrass Community Hospital conveniently located just 12 minutes from Lexington has an exciting opportunity to join our Laboratory Services team. This position will join our highly skilled team of laboratory specialist. Our staff take great pride in the way we go above and beyond to serve our patients. This position performs routine phlebotomy diagnostic testing on patient samples to aid physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states. The successful candidate follows standardized procedures and helps prepare samples for testing and operates laboratory equipment in a high-quality, effective manner. The candidate will perform automated test using computerized instruments automated equipment and will perform quality assurance, therapeutic phlebotomy and DOT urine drug screens. As an organization we are committed to meeting the needs of our community, patients and peers. This is a vital position and will impact our continued goal to provide excellent patient outcomes.
Position Requirements, Skills and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree - Required
ASCP, AMT or other national certified accredited organization or board eligible - Required
- Board eligible employees are to be ASCP or AMT registered within the first 6 months of employment - Required
- Hospital or clinical experience - Preferred
- Position requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision - Required
- Candidate must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action - Required
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.