Now Hiring Full-Time Maintenance Technician!
We are looking for an experienced and compassionate FT Maintenance Technician to join our team. Must have a dynamic personality and a sincere passion for working with seniors and their loved ones!
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on: HVAC, elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment.
- Perform general maintenance projects as scheduled or assigned, including installations and repairs involving plumbing and electrical equipment, carpentry work, painting, and equipment repair.
- Respond to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including plumbing, electrical, heating, and replacing light bulbs.
- Repair and maintain vacated rooms in a timely manner. This includes painting walls and cleaning carpets.
- Assess all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determine the best course of action to correct the problem. Work within the legal scope of local and state codes.
- Repair walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the common areas of the community.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); and one to three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of State building equipment, building codes and building systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical) in health care facilities.
- Valid State Driver's License required for vehicle travel, as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and associates at all levels of the organization. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must meet all health requirements, including TB.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screen (including marijuana).
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
** We offer Comprehensive Benefits and Competitive Wages! ***
Apply with your resume and cover letter TODAY to secure your interview for this exciting opportunity!