The Senior Maintenance Technician is a critical member of the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta Regional Hospital (YKDRH) clinical facilities maintenance team. Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Senior Maintenance Technician will be responsible perform preventative and repair maintenance to keep the hospital building systems and equipment in good operating condition. Building systems include heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, ventilation, emergency power, medical gas and water treatment. A variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance duties are performed to carry out the essential functions of this position.
- Provide preventative and predictive maintenance of the electrical systems.
- Lead successful installation and repair of building systems and Train others on the maintenance team in the execution of basic electrical tasks.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Complete daily work orders as assigned and update team with daily work reports outlining progress and new issues.
- Identify when external contractor/vendor is needed, and work in collaboration with contractor/vendor to complete work.
- Develop and maintain inventories of maintenance material.
- Perform maintenance job functions as needed, including but not limited to basic repairs to YKDRH MEP infrastructure, furnishings and utilities.
- Perform work within established infection prevention requirements.
- Participate in the winterization and spring start-ups on applicable systems.
- Implement and comply with electrical safety rules and related industry regulations.
- Define and follow Standard Operating Procedures for repair of electrical systems.
- Identify and suggest new approaches or best known methods to foster continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned, which may include winter snow and ice removal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required as a maintenance tech senior for building maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED, vocational training preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance and operational tasks.
- 3 - 5 years hands-on commercial or industrial maintenance experience.
- Experience and training in one or more skilled craft trades: HVAC/refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, water treatment, etc.
- Strong understanding of local codes and ordinances.
- Able to work alone or in groups. Team player and highly self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and on an on-call basis as needed
- Experienced in implementing safety procedures in the workplace
- Ability to relate well to the public in a healthcare setting
- Must be able to successfully complete required practical and/or written exams
- Valid AK driver’s license or ability to obtain.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Work involves physical exertion in the transporting of various materials or equipment, lifting and moving.
- Job requires employee to walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and regularly lift and/or move 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects utilizing proper tools and leverage methods in excess of 75 lbs.
- Ability to use ladders, scaffolding and/or scissor lift while performing job duties.
- Ability to work with power tools, small motorized equipment, and vehicles.
- Duties involve occasional exposure to noise, dirt, odors or similarly unpleasant surroundings.
- Work may be performed in confined or restricted position or with exposure to temperature/weather extremes.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center