Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is currently looking for an experienced Mammographer, PRN.
- Performs 16-18 routine mammograms. Assists Radiologist with pre-surgery lesion localization, core biopsy, radiographs specimens.
- Performs daily/weekly quality control following The American College of Radiology Accrediting guidelines.
- Reviews all mammography final results identifies abnormal results. Enters normal and abnormal findings and patient information into computer for future CQI Reporting, statistical information and patient follow up. Insures that all abnormal results have been called to the referring physician.
- Obtains patients' previous mammograms from other institutions for comparison to current study.
- Insures that patients are recalled for additional film/follow up and calling and scheduling studies when requested by the Radiologist.
- Assists with the preparation of PI studies which relate to mammography when required.
- Calculates x-ray exposure factors in order to obtain optimum diagnostic quality.
- Works effectively with department managers, fellow workers, Radiologists, and other health care professionals.
- Questions each patient accurately regarding medical history and accurately communicates information to Radiologists.
- Assures that patient charges and supply charges are accurate and entered into the computer in a timely manner.
- Exhibits high initiative and searches for methods to improve productivity, enhance quality and improved patient education methods. Make recommendations regarding equipment.