PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the Supervisor is to develop, organize, implement, and direct the day-to-day activities of assigned units in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines, as well as BVHS policies and procedures. This will be done under the direction of the Director of Radiology.
- Duty 1: Promotes service-oriented philosophy in all interactions with the patients, families, association associates/staff, medical professionals, visitors and general public.
- Duty 2: Encourages communication and professional service to all customers, responds to associate problems, complaints, and suggestions in a responsive and professional manner. Reports all incidents to department director for further review.
- Duty 3: Checks with Department Director before implementation of new practices or significant modifications of current work practices. Assists in seeking associate input on changes that affect any associates work assignment.
- Duty 4: Assists in the recruitment, selection and training of competent department associates in collaboration with the Human Resources. Establishes and evaluates ongoing department competency requirements for staff. Manages associate performance through reward and recognition, timely performance reviews, coaching, and counseling.
- Duty 5: Review and analyze department indicators and use industry standards to enhance service levels, costs, and continual improvements.
- Duty 6: Assists in developing, overseeing, and reviewing modality policy and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Duty 7: Coordinates with the imaging departments and physician offices to enhance imaging productivity, customer satisfaction, and referral patters.
- Duty 8: Adheres to policies, procedures, rules, and regulations as they pertain to department and/or regulatory agencies.
- Duty 9: Performs related duties in assisting others as needed with assignments as necessary for the smooth operation of the diagnostic department.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists/Mammography Certification
- Licensed by the state of Ohio as Radiologic Technologist (ODH)
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
- 5 years’ experience in mammography as well as supervisory experience
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more to assist with direct patient care. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity to operate equipment, push and pull patients while providing treatment, and reach work above the shoulders. Associates must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)