To develop, coordinate, implement and provide ongoing management of work flows and business operations in billing, follow-up, collections, cash posting, and customer service. To collaborate with senior management in the planning, design, documentation and implementation of workflows such that plans may be executed in an efficient and effective manner.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Health Information or a related field and four (4) years of related Revenue Cycle experience, or an equivalent combination of education/experience. Two (2) years in a relevant management level position. Proven track record of accomplishing high quality work in a professional manner with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, effective personnel management skills and a talent for observing processes and working to continuously improve them. Computer literate and ability to type, file and maintain records.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of revenue cycle operations and governing rules and regulations for all reimbursement sources.
• Critical thinking skills with focus on process improvement and optimizing the use of core systems such as Epic.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and train staff, adaptive and flexible to new ideas and change.
• Proven ability to perform and maintain working relationships within the department and across all business units to foster a team environment.
• Able to manage functional areas to meet established performance metrics. Knowledge of business administration.
• Skilled in the use of personal computers and revenue cycle related software applications.
• Highly effective organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal skills.
• Advanced knowledge of medical terminology
• Advanced knowledge of revenue cycle functions
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude
• Ability to read, write, type, and follow oral and written directions
• Ability to work independently to effectively and efficiently perform assigned duties
• Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills, and proven ability to work effectively with others
- Conducts clinical laboratory tests and analysis in the areas of hematology, microbiology, immunology, clinical chemistry, and urinalysis. Monitors programs to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
- Analyzes samples of biological material for chemical content or reaction.
- Conducts chemical analysis of body fluids to determine the presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Cultivates, isolates, assists in identifying, and conducts tests on microbial organisms; obtains, cuts, stains, and mounts biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis.
- Selects and prepares specimens and media for cell culture using aseptic technique. Studies blood samples to determine the number of cells and their morphology, as well as blood group type, and compatibility for transfusion purposes.
- Operates, calibrates, and maintains equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis as spectrophotometer, calorimeter, flame photometer, and computer-controlled analyzers; promotes safety, environmental, and/or infection control practices.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.