Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega – with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
The Nursing Business Manager will have a matrixed reporting structure with a direct line to the Director of Finance and a matrixed line to the system CNO providing support and leadership for all services related to budget development, budget monitoring, productivity, workforce management, recruitment and retention, strategic planning and other related projects and activities. The Nursing Business Manager will support and collaborate with the nursing services leadership team in regard to same activities.
- Active RN license in the state of Georgia and must maintain certification.
- MBA required, BSN preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in progressive financial analytic and leadership positions.
Esssential Tasks and Responsibilites
- Contribute to the strategic plan for department services, including short-term and long-term objectives.
- Collect and analyze feedback and evaluate service/department effectiveness.
- Maintain a division Financial dashboard.
- Work collaboratively with leaders across NGHS to refine tools, methods, and assure other stakeholder department’s efforts are aligned. Keep abreast of recent trends and developments in process innovation and organizational effectiveness in healthcare as well as other industries. Understand various process innovation methodologies and tailors them to meet Nursing business needs.
- Manage finance and budget activities for nursing services. This includes activities related to both Operating and Capital.
- Collaborate across departments and divisions to support hospital and nursing missions.
- Assist nursing function with required division and hospital-wide compliance activities and related tracking.
- Collaborate with nursing Recruitment and Retention staff to support all related activities and programs.
- Collaborate with Central Nursing Resources and Central Staffing Office with focus on reducing premium pay, supporting productivity standards and supporting contract staff management services.
- Collaborate with national/external productivity benchmarking programs to guide in the development of staffing plans and productivity guidelines for clinical nursing services.
- Collaborate with Finance leaders in regard to budget, charge master and other related activities.
- Full understanding of budget activities.
- Full understanding of budget and financial IT systems and reports relating Operating Budgets, Capital Requisitions and Special Purpose Fund budgets.
- In collaboration with nursing leadership team, review/monitor monthly financial reports; recommend/develop actions as appropriate; Groom nursing leaders at all levels in budget development and management.
- Lead CNO Dashboard activities.
- Work with Central Nursing Resources in terms of identifying and create appropriate reports and systems.
- Outline and develop processes for nursing services financial activities.
- Mentor all department leaders in budget and finance services.
- Understand all IT tools required to perform position functions at a level of excellence.
- Work with IT department as necessary in terms of IT issues and requests for new capabilities.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega – and become Georgia’s most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America’s 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals – Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs – Beckers Hospital Review
America’s Top Quality Providers – Carechex
Atlanta’s Top 150 Workplaces – Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare’s Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems – Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more.