As a member of the Management Staff of Aspire Health Partners, your job purpose is to have the responsibility for the overall management of your assigned department(s). These functions
include - but not limited too - day-to-day operations, provide supervision, consultation and leadership to program supervisors and leads, assures compliance with company rules, standards and contracts as pertains to your department services, follow department budget guidelines, handle staff member issues in accordance with the HR policies and procedure along with HR consultation and partner with the HR department in the process of recruiting and hiring new employees. Mostly importantly, all functions must be completed while maintaining high standards of ethical and professional conduct while adhering to all company policies and procedures.
As the Quality and Compliance Manager at Aspire Health Partners, your job functions will include but are not limited to:
- The development, implementation and continuous monitoring of company-wide quality improvement efforts.
- The re-design, implementation, and continuous monitoring of a standardized Peer Review system which will be used to evaluate and report the performance of clinical and administrative programs and services.
- Developing, implementing and tracking the QM Corrective Action process to provide a standard expectation for opportunities for improvement and continuous quality improvement.
- Managing analysis of monthly data reports for the purpose of tracking and trending organizational Quality Initiatives and Peer Review activities throughout the company.
- Coordination of audits and site visits / or monitors conducted by external organizations, accrediting and/or contracting bodies.
- Compiling and analyzing results of the internal and external QM evaluation systems.
- Facilitating and serving on various Quality Improvement Committees as assigned
- Preparing reports, proposals, presentations and other special projects.
- Assisting the Quality, Compliance and Medical Records Director and Chief Compliance Officer with Company's Compliance Program's maintenance and development and with the matrix management reporting and monitoring activities, assisting team members, assisting in contract management, information systems, and accreditation functions.
- Assuring policies and procedures are maintained and proper procedures and policies are followed, maintaining positive working relationships with staff, resolving discrepancies, completing required training and utilizing required technology to efficiently complete tasks and communicate effectively.
Mostly importantly, all functions must be completed while maintaining high standards of ethical and professional conduct while adhering to all company policies and procedures.
Position qualifications: Ability to receive and maintain a(n)
- Level II Background clearance
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Registration driver's license record in accordance with the underwriting guidelines set by Aspire insurance company as described in the AHP Corporate Transportation Policy 3.9.1
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management/Administration/Health Administration or related field.
Other qualifications: Proficient in Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Advanced computer skills