Health Support CenterJob Summary:
The Managing Engineer, Infrastructure Engineering oversees the efforts of LifePoint employees, vendors and contractors within LifePoint's technology infrastructure. The candidate will need to provide general oversight and management of LifePoint's physical infrastructure located in Brentwood, TN, and Plano, TX datacenters. Responsibilities include all compute and storage arrays, backup processes, disaster recovery process, replication technologies, and the associated Fiber connectivity switching. This will be a hands-on individual who can perform relevant technical tasks and supervise a group of engineers to support of all key hardware and resources.
The position requires a broad technical background along with strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities as it includes a wide range of challenges in assisting with day-to-day people and financial management, technical issues and project related tasks.
The position requires an individual with a very strong background in enterprise-class, compute/storage-related technologies and skills whom can provide technical leadership and guidance to their team responsible for the following:
- Maintaining over 99% uptime for all critical systems
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- Hypervisors (Acropolis, VMware)
- Storage area network switching (SAN)
- EMC PowerMax, EMC XtremlO, Pure Flash Blade, Pure Flash Array, NetApp, IBM V9000
- Data Domain
- Manage vendors relationships who run ISeries and associated IBM Storage Arrays
- General Storage and data replication methodologies
- Compute/Storage health, performance monitoring, and reporting tools
- Disaster recovery solutions and planning
- Cloud Infrastructure (Azure)
- Effectively interview prospective employees
- Forecasting/planning datacenter needs and strategic direction
- Vendor Management
The position requires a clear understanding of today's emerging technologies to ensure that infrastructure is maintained and expanded in alignment with Lifepoint's strategic direction while complimenting other infrastructure services.General Responsibilities:
- Participates in and assists with ongoing analysis, development, design and implementation of new systems and infrastructure including setting standards, data design and integration of standards and design
- Leads the daily operations and engineering of datacenter systems
- Provides leadership for Storage, Vmware, Datacenter, Hyperconverged, Backup, and Disaster Recovery, identifying work priorities and ensuring effective communication within the team and with external partners/stakeholders
- Creates a healthy interpersonal and team-oriented environment
- Is customer service minded and develops and maintains cordial, effective partnerships with business area and other Information Services employees
- Ensures business area satisfaction with regular interaction and by managing expectations, understanding service level expectations and delivering technology solutions in a timely and cost-effective fashion
- Supervises vendor performance and contractor resources and ensures they are performing competently and that LifePoint is receiving services aligned with contractual terms and conditions
- Ensures that LifePoint best practices are followed for the delivery, implementation and maintenance of systems by employees and contractors Ensures the technologies meet LifePoint's requirements for functionality, performance and reliability
- Prepares and stewards to department and project budgets
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications...)
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- 10 years of related technical experience, and operation of enterprise Storage or Virtualization environments
- 3-5 years of experience and success in a leadership role
- Business acumen and a good understanding of the healthcare industry and, in particular, hospital operations
- Excellent communication skills and experience in building effective working relationships with internal customers from the business
- Experience with the practical use of systems engineering, project management and information systems management and controls systems including ITIL
This job description in no way states or implies that the key accountabilities above are the only ones being performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his or her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended pe-riods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
LifePoint Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
LifePoint Health and all of our facilities are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to being a place where employees want to work and takes seriously our responsibility to comply with all regulatory and legal guidelines throughout the recruitment and hiring process. The recruiting process with LifePoint Health will always include emails to job candidates from an address ending in [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]”, as well as at least one phone interview and/or in-person interview prior to hiring.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran