The Massage Therapy Program Director manages the instructors and the educational activities of the department and all students, classes and labs. The Program Director is also responsible for any applicable accreditation commission standards or agency regulations as well as all school policies and procedures including those stated in the catalog or available internally on the company Intranet.
- Ensure integrity, accuracy and efficiency of academic activities including classroom, massage therapy clinic and lab as well as externship (if applicable).
- Oversee monitoring of and ensure appropriate responses for at risk students including those in online or blended classes.
- Advise students regarding academic progress in the department from enrollment to graduation.
- Assist with student orientations.
- Responsible for recruiting, orienting and supervising faculty members for the department.
- Ensure appropriate, documented, and timely faculty development.
- Supervise and ensure timely and accurate student scheduling and registration.
- Supervise massage therapy clinic and externship (if applicable) and ensure all students receive appropriate and sufficient experience.
- Conduct all instructor observations as per policy and requirements.
- Ensure appropriate facilitation and maximum participation in both end-of-course student evaluations and biennial Student Satisfaction Surveys.
- Review student records for satisfactory academic progress.
- Assist with ongoing review and development of curricula.
- Complete and submit assigned reports and attend campus meetings as required.
- Assist with catalog review and ensure department is in compliance with school catalog and internal policies at all times.
- Complete and submit assigned reports and conduct and document regular department meetings.
- Participate in school and/or Academic Affairs meetings as required.
- Serve as a substitute instructor in the classroom or lab as required.
- Organize and participate in advisory committee meetings.
- Ensure massage therapy equipment is in proper working order and clinic is sufficiently stocked with consumables at all times.
- Coordinate with the Graduate Services Director with regard to placement of students, job openings, potential candidates, and/or any placement updates.
- Other duties as assigned by the Campus President or Academic Dean.