Silverado Hospice, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is presently seeking a Part Time Social Worker (MSW) to join our growing Hospice care team in Austin.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!To apply, please visit our website at www.Silverado.com/careers
Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: www.silverado.com/recruiting/meet-our-team/
General responsibilities include:
- Perform psychosocial assessments, including the assessment of social and emotional factors related to the patients condition and patient/family reaction.
- Provide individual and family counseling; support through group counseling; provide assistance to staff and patient/family by investigating third party financial resources and planning for financial coverage for services.
- Provide care planning and evaluation/revision as appropriate to changing patient/family needs.
- Provide bereavement assessment and follow up.
Ideal candidate background will include:
- Candidates must have Licensed Masters in Social Work (LMSW).
- Professional experience working in geriatrics, hospice, or end of life care.
- Reliable transportation, license, insurance and willingness to travel regularly to patient locations.
Spanish speaking preferred
To apply, please visit our website at www.silverado.com/careers
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our associates! Silverado Hospice offers competitive pay paired with great benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match as well as generous paid vacation and sick time.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.