Silverado. Passion. Possibilities. Purpose.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Silverado is currently seeking a Master's Level Social Worker (MSW) to join our team in Highland Park, IL.
Summary of Major Functions:
- Supports the Community by assisting residents and resident’s families to understand and cope with the psychosocial issues related to aging and dementia and optimize the residents’ quality of life.
- Promotes the Community to civic and memory impairment related groups in a manner that illustrates and reflects the quality of community care and programs and communicates clearly the company and mission.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field required.
- One or more years of experience working with the elderly.
- Knowledge and experience working with memory impairment disease residents and their families is highly desirable.
- Professional or volunteer related experience with memory impairment groups helpful.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with pets and assisting in the care of community pets, including, but not limited to, dogs, cats, and birds.
- Willing to demonstrate passion and ability to work with people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related disease.
To apply, please visit our website at www.silverado.com/careers
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado Senior Living offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.