The individual in this position will provide direct integrated clinical services to the residents of YKHC's McCann Treatment Center. The individual in this position will also supervise, train staff, and coordinate client care in a manner consistent with policies and procedures. The individual in this position will also facilitate the provision of a safe, healthy, structured environment; engage clients and families a therapeutic alliance, and function as an active member of the multi-disciplinary integrated Behavioral Health treatment team.
Provided direct clinical and administrative services to the consumers and team members of McCann Treatment Center. Supervise, train staff and facilitate a safe, healthy, structured environment at the facilities. Engage consumers and families in a therapeutic alliance. Participated as an active member of Behavioral Health leadership team. Responsible for insuring compliance with The Joint Commission, Medicaid, RCCY licensing and other regulations and laws.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or other behavioral health field.
- Three years (3) of managerial and supervisory experience; (2) of Behavioral Health experience in residential or inpatient setting.
- Experience in a cross-cultural setting preferable with Native American cultures preferred. License, Certification, Registration:
- LPC, LCSW, LMFT or similar appropriate licensure preferred. If not licensed then actively working towards licensure.
- Substance Abuse Certification preferred.
- Alaska Driver’s License required.
- CPR, First Aid, Mandt Certification within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to be delegated RCCY Administrator or designee.
- Expected to have functional skills w/ standard array of contemporary office equipment, and general knowledge of basic facility health and safety maintenance issues.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- LANGUAGE SKILLLS:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual Yupik or Athabascan and English preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge and experience in Alaska Native Subsistence activities preferred.
- This includes boating, trapping, marine safety, winter safety, operating snow machines, fishing and processing fish and game.
- Provides direct and/or indirect supervision to all team members at McCann Treatment Center.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Ten paid holidays
- Tort Claims coverage
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Retirement plans
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Wellness Center
- Flexible Spending Account