Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health are looking for an experienced Med Tech II to join our Northeast Lab.
- Performs established procedures for testing specimens for all age groups serviced
- Performs and documents quality control procedures; evaluates results and implements corrective action when indicated.
- Assists other department personnel and performs technical duties as required.
- Uses judgment in reporting laboratory data for all age groups serviced.
- Performs and documents daily, monthly, and 'as needed' preventive maintenance.
- Processes and/or assists with processing samples for testing including use of currently available laboratory computer programs.
- Participates in training new employees and students.
- Troubleshoots equipment/instruments when malfunctioning and takes appropriate action(s).