Medical Assistants | Dermatology Technicians
Medical Staffing Assignments | Mon-Thur 8a-5p, Fri 8a-12pMedical Assistants / Dermatology Technicians, if you’re looking for career flexibility or just want more variety in your day to day work, we can help! At NurseCore we are passionate about connecting healthcare professionals and nurses with the medical positions that fit their lifestyle. We offer a variety of per diem opportunities providing you with the freedom to set your own schedule. As the national leader in medical staffing, we’ll find you the perfect opportunities so you can concentrate on what you do best—helping people get better.
As a member of our healthcare team you’ll enjoy:
- Top Pay w/ Daily and Weekly Pay Options
- Flexible Schedules
- Friendly, Accessible Office Staff
Your dream job is waiting for you; join our team and we’ll help you find it! Apply Today!Responsibilities
Medical Assistants and Dermatology Technicians are responsible for assisting physicians with patient care according to the Medical Board of California relating to Medical Assistants. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinics full line of services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in the surgical setting (patient prep, prepare the trays/packs, maintain sterile fields, ensure appropriate par-levels for supplies, other tasks as assigned by the surgeon).
- Provide scribe support (works directly with provider in exam room with patient to real-time document the encounter, responsible for appropriate and accurate billing of encounter, other administrative tasks as assigned by provider or manager).
- Assists with office procedures and provides direct patient care.
- Obtain and document patient history and vital signs (i.e., height, weight, BP).
- Performs a wide range of clerical duties that may include: obtaining test results, tracking labs, documenting information as needed, helping to schedule follow-up appointments, procedures and tests.
- Clean exam room tables, chairs, surfaces, blood pressure cuffs, patient care equipment and other equipment as needed. Keep exam rooms stocked with supplies.
- May help order and stock educational material and medical supplies.
- Organize and maintain nurse’s stations and medication rooms as needed.
- Occasionally cover for other non-licensed staff as deemed necessary.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Participate in department quality improvement activities, clinical safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA.
- Exercises discretion and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Performs related work as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certification with one of the following agencies required; American Association of Medical Assistants (AMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants (CMAA).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required or dually certified in both AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support and AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Previous dermatology or scribe experience is a plus.