The Medical Assistant will provide general patient care in a physician office setting. The Medical Assistant will complete tasks as directed by physician and office manager to ensure seamless operation.
- Under the supervision of physician or nurse, assists with performing patient assessments and treatments.
- Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection. Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents patient care given.
- Administers injections, vaccines and medications and other related tasks as instructed by physician.
- Requests, obtains, and reviews all records, test and lab results at least one day prior to the visit.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting. Maintains the cleanliness of the examination areas. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
- Retrieves and returns telephone calls to patients in a timely manner and relay information provided by physician.