Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
As a medical assistant, you wear many hats. Mercy Health has many hats for you to wear. We’re a faith-based healthcare organization that gives care to those who need it the most. And we need your expertise. We’re looking for medical assistants in our physician offices and other healthcare facilities. You’ll be part of a team that thrives on positive collaboration. You’ll work with a great support. And you’ll be part of a shared commitment to give our patients the best care.
As a medical assistant at Mercy Health, you’ll support our doctors. You’ll also interview patients for medical history, health concerns, vital signs and more.
You’ll also need to:
• Answer and route patient phone calls.
• Call or fax prescriptions to pharmacies.
• Pre-authorize prescriptions, perform outpatient testing and record results.
• Call other departments, doctors and agencies.
• Schedule appointments and help complete forms and insurance verification.
• Enter patient data.
• Follow the proper procedures, policies and standards.
• Schedule tests.
• Care for patients in a safe, knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner.
• Strive for the best patient outcomes.
• Recognize and report potential safety issues.
• Maintain confidentiality and be a patient advocate.
• Keep the environment clean, neat and safe.
• Wear other hats, as needed.
We’re looking for kind, reliable and dedicated medical assistants — the type of professional who always puts the patient first. Things move quickly around here, so your hats should also include multi-tasking, organization and flexibility. You’ll need good communication skills, too — so you can help patients be their healthy best.
Specifically, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED required (candidate must provide verification)
- Medical Assistant Qualifications:
- 2 year Associates Degree/Diploma in Medical Assisting, or
- One of the following-
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA or NHA); or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or
- Must have at least 3 years of direct medical assisting experience in a physician practice or ambulatory setting within the last 5 years.
- Computer Skills, Verbal and written communication skills, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
Must become Certified or Registered within a certain time from date of hire by one of the following programs-
- American Medical Technologists – Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- American Association of Medical Assistants – Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Or Assessment-Bases Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE)
- National Healthcareer Association – Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA)
- National Association for Health Professionals – Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
Position will cover offices in central Cincinnati and include, but are not limited to:
• General Practice
• Specialty Practice
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Work Shift:Days/Afternoons (United States of America)
Mercy Health provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require accommodation in the application process please contact our Human Resources Department at (513)952-5280 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This department will make sure you get connected with a Human Resources representative that can assist you.