JOB SUMMARY: Supports physician and team lead in clinical and non-clinical functions.
SUPERVISOR: Clinic Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinates medical materials required for patient visit.
- Prepares patient exam rooms and cleans rooms after clinic.
- Escorts and rooms patient to exam room.
- Obtains and records vitals (blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and weight)
- Prepares patient injection site for physician.
- Assists and applies durable medical equipment as directed by the physician.
- Orders/sends lab work to appropriate facility.
- Administers patient education as directed by physician.
- Assists Supervisor with daily clinical activities to ensure clinic runs smoothly and timely.
- Prepare clinical charts prior to the patient’s appointment.
- Ensure that ancillary and lab reports, etc. are included in the patient chart prior to their visit.
- Schedules appointments (new patient, follow-up, add-ons, referrals, or tests), follow-up appointments (post-testing, post-surgical, etc.) and terminates canceled appointments as required.
- Schedules follow up testing per physician orders.
- Accurately data enters new patient information in to electronic medical records (EMR) file.
- Enters surgical/clinical charges into practice management system, or directs charge tickets to reception specialist when appropriate.
- Updates patient charge sheet to ensure all services and DME are included.
- Accurately scans charts into EMR system.
- Fulfills medical records request on behalf of patient to include outside physician offices, insurance companies, worker’s compensation adjustors, etc.
- Retrieve dictation for patient chart on a daily basis.
- Monitors and works “Hold' buckets on dashboard.
- Responsible for coordinating scheduling of patients tests, assuring follow-up appointments after the tests are scheduled.
- Works “Financial Day End Review' report and dashboard on a daily basis.
- Answers and documents patient phone calls, refill messages and has them signed off by physician.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and reports any quality issues as they arise.
- Interacts with various department representatives in the group, insurance companies, and worker’s compensation adjustors.